Have you ever tried not washing your hair? I have. For two years now I have stopped using shampoo or water or any other product. I brush my hair about 50 or 60 times a day and that seems to do the trick. I stopped washing my hair because it was dry and frizzy and had been like that since I remember. My only regret is that I didn't stop washing my hair sooner. I will never go back to the washing routine.
The one problem I had was that I don't know anyone else who has tried this and I haven't found any literature on it anywhere. Does anyone know where to read about others who don't wash their hair etc? Or do you know anyone who doesn't?
- Brushing your hair about 50 times a day remove the dead skin from your scalp. If you didn't do this it would build up and get a bit smelly. This happened to me once, ooops. Obviously washing your hair would normally deal with this. This dawned on me when I was brushing Kaboodle, my boyfriend's cat and I noticed alot of bits of skin coming out.
- I used to have quite bad dandruff but now this is largely gone. I presume this is because I am not stripping my scalp of its natural oils all the time. So now I don't need to use anything to combat dandruff. One problem solved.
- Also, because I'm not stripping away the oils, my hair is nice and shiny and isn't frizzy at all. So now I don't need to use a conditioner. Another problem solved.
- I'm fairly sure that over the two years my scalp has reduced the amount of oil that it is producing and this is why my hair does not look greasy.
- I would put money on the fact that I don't have as many split ends. I haven't had my hair cut in 6 months so I presume they could have showed up by now.
So I would like to challenge other people to try it and see what happens. Does this work only if you have dry hair already? Or can everyone do it? I want to develop a database of "not washing your hair" stories and learn from all of them. If 100 people stopped washing their hair for one year just think of all the shampoo, conditioner, water, electricty, bottles, bags etc that would be saved.
I've also stopped washing my face with soap. Guess what, I don't need to use moisturiser now!
Let me know how you get on.......I want to start a revolution! :)